This page is intended to help experienced petition circulators to print off extra forms or to get started before visiting the Board of Elections. If you are a first-time candidate or have any questions, we advise that you visit our office in-person to retrieve your petitions and receive guidance from Board staff.
Please also reference the 2017 Candidate Requirement Guide for extra information, i.e. filing deadlines, number of signatures required for each style of petition, and filing fees. We prefer all forms be printed as two-sided copies on legal-sized paper.
Lastly, please be sure to print-off the petition checklist that we require to be present at the time of filing your petitions.
City and Village Partisan Petitions (due by February 1, 2017):
- Petition #2-I – to be used for all City and Village offices that run in a party primary
City and Village Independent Petitions (due by May 1, 2017):
- Petition #3-N – to be used for all partisan City and Villages offices if candidate wishes to run as an independent – 25 valid signatures required
Nonpartisan Village Offices (due by August 9, 2017):
- Nominating Petition for Villages with population less than 2,000 #3-O (Nonpartisan Candidates) – 10 valid signatures required
- Nominating Petition for Nonpartisan Villages with more than 2,000 population #3-O (East Palestine Village) – 50 valid signatures required
Township Offices (due by August 9, 2017):
- Nominating Petition for Trustees and Fiscal Officers #3-R – 25 valid signatures required
Boards of Education (due by August 9, 2017):
- City, Local or Exempted Village School Boards #3-T – 25 valid signatures required
- Governing Board of Educational Service Center (ESC) #3-W – 50 valid signatures required